We are one of the medical practices appointed by the Consulate-General of Japan to issue COVID-19 clearance for travelers to Japan.
Please read the following information carefully regarding our procedure:
• After your flight schedule is confirmed, please email us to apply as per the section C below. Once we have received your application, we will call you within 3 business days to organise the schedule and settle the account.
• We will email you the schedule, pathology request form and the receipt.
• Cancellation within the 2 weeks of flight date will incur a cancellation charge of $60 and the rest of the fee will be refunded.
2. Online ID verification
• One of our doctors will speak to you online for ID verification between 12pm-5:30pm on a weekday, 5-10 days prior to flight.
• You do not have to be in Sydney for this.
3. PCR test within 72 hours of departure
• PCR test to be performed at one of the designated private pathology collection centres. We will arrange the time for you.
• City pathology centre is open 7:30-13:30, 7 days a week (subject to change)
Other centres around Sydney are open until 15:30 however they are all drive through only centres, 30mins+ drive away from the city.
• We usually recommend you to have the testing as soon as possible after the 72hours start time to avoid delays and to have enough time in case re-testing is required.
4. Issuing your Negative Certificate
• Within 24 hours from the PCR test, you will receive an SMS result and we will receive the detailed result from the pathology company.
• The certificate will be issued by our doctor and sent to you via email, provided the test result is negative.
B. Fee structure:
$160 – fee is for a one stop shop at our clinic.
• Urgent pathology request and liaison with patient and pathology company to optimise testing based on location, departure time and personal circumstances to ensure certificate arrives in time. This includes any necessary changes due to flight rescheduling etc.
• Japanese language support 7 days per week.
• ID Verification and issuing of Covid-19 Clearance Certificate by our Dr (as per latest requirement by Japanese Government).
• Medical Liaison with lab in cases where results are positive / equivocal for further clarification / testing.
$140 – pathology sample collection and testing
Total $300 per person.
Please note: Covid-19 PCR testing fee and consultation fee for travel purposes are not claimable from Medicare.
If you do not live in Sydney area, please ask us about how we can organise your test and consultation.
C. How to apply:
If you would like to proceed, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also call to ensure we have received your email on 02 92994661.
1. Copy of your passport (photo page)
2. Phone number (please indicate if you use iPhone or Android)
iPhone user’s ID verification will be done via FaceTime.
3. Android phone users please let us know your preferred App for ID verification
– either WhatsApp or Zoom.
5. Your location 72 hours prior to departure
If you are overseas/in other states please let us know when you are arriving Sydney.
6. Flight date, Time, Airline. Please let us know the full itinerary if it is not a direct flight.
Once we receive the above information, we will call you within 3 business days.
We look forward to helping you travel safely soon.